Sunday, January 30, 2011

My House Sneak Peek

Hello all of you out there in blogger world.  If you have come across this page you are viewing my first post as a blogger.  I am an interior designer using this blog to post my ideas, projects, and hopefully inspire others with their own projects.

Now a little about myself... I graduated from Syracuse University with a BFA in Interior Design.  I live in a pretty small rural town (I am far from many stores so many of my posts will show items you can purchase online and are accessible for all.) I am a new homeowner working on making my first house my home.  As a somewhat new homeowner my own house is coming together somewhat slowly. It's my starter home, and I think a pretty good one to start with.  I do little projects here and there when i have the time between my other projects and work.  I am looking forward to showing it once it is complete but for now i have a few little sneak peek vignettes for you to look at!  Its a small cape cod in the village so its walking distance to the downtown shops and restaurants.  I am playing a lot with color and patterns, since thats what i love. 

Anthropologie Hooks... they can hold a big, huge purse


Green Damask curtains, bamboo blinds

Mini photo gallery

Picked this lampshade at the local Lowes

I've been using this dress form as an inspiration board, all you need are some clothespins.
Yes you're seeing that right, my room is pink! It's a pink with gray and lavender undertones.  It's pretty versatile.  I figure it may be the only house i don't ever have to compromise with anyone on the decisions, so I had to choose pink for one room.  I plan on using black and white accents as you can see from the hooks from Anthropologie, and i love the turquoise blue accents with it. The living room is a light blue called Blue Silver and i have light green damask printed curtains and bamboo blinds.  I plan on bringing in some gray, turquoise, and maybe some more pink in accent pillows.

Check back for a post of my design ideas for the various rooms and wishlist items that i hope to be able to purchase for it.  I'll also be posting various other projects I am working on and hope to be able to inspire you with your own projects.  Hope you enjoy and take the time to visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.